Category CE – driver's licence for the road train coupling of a Category C tractor to a trailer with a maximum mass exceeding 750 kg. Only holders of a Category C driver's licence may obtain the licence to drive a lorry with a trailer. In addition, if you already hold a Category B, C or D driver's licence, you will also obtain a BE and DE driver's licence when you obtain Category CE. Get the Category CE required in the freight industry quickly and at most advantageous prices. Apply for your Category CE training course today!
Category CE drivers' training
Category CE drivers' training prepares truck drivers to drive Category C trucks in conjunction with a trailer. Category CE training provides an opportunity to acquire a profession demanded and highly valued in the labour market, which opens up wide opportunities for career development in the freight transport sector both in Latvia and abroad. Driving school "Einšteins" provides theoretical and practical training in the CE category in the 10 largest driving school branches throughout Latvia. If you are among those willing to develop your professional qualification, apply at the driving school "Einšteins" Category CE training today! Keep in mind – in order to gain authorisation to carry out freight transportation, you will also be required to acquire periodical training in licence Code No. 95 on top of Category CE driver's licence.
Procedure for obtaining Category CE driver's licence
The key prerequisite for obtaining Category CE driver's licence is holding a valid Category C driver's licence, however, in order to obtain this qualification, even experienced truck drivers are required to acquire theoretical and practical (driving) training – as well as take the driving exam at the CSDD.
Theoretical training for licence Category CE
- Prior to starting the training for licence Category CE at the driving school, you will be registered in the training group and in the database held by Road Traffic Safety Directorate (CSDD).
- Theoretical training course for licence Category CE takes a total of 5 lectures (25 academic lessons) as per a pre-determined schedule.
- The driving school "Einšteins" holds also the mandatory training courses in first aid. During the training, our students are prepared for the respective theoretical exam at CSDD. Upon completion of the course, a certificate will be issued that will be valid for 5 years. In the event you already hold such a certificate, repeated attendance of the training will not be required.
- At the end of Category CE theoretical training, the person is not required to take either the school's theoretical exam – or the theoretical exam at the CSDD.
Practical training (driving) for Licence category CE
- Prior to embarking on the practical (driving) training of Category CE, the student is in this case not required to visit CSDD in order to receive the training driver's licence (so-called "white" driver's licence). Any previously obtained category licence will serve as a permit to start driving instruction (practical lessons).
- Pay attention to whether your medical specialist has also included category CE as one of the valid types of vehicles in the registry of CSDD. Otherwise, the person will have to undergo a repeated medical examination in order for the information about his or her health condition to be entered into the CSDD database.
- The number of Category CE driving lessons will depend on the student's level of practical skills, but not less than 14 lessons (each 45 minutes).
- The training course and schedule of Category CE driving lessons is planned online on the electronic student platform of the driving school "Einšteins".
- Once the level of practical knowledge is sufficient, you will be assigned to the Category CE exam at the CSDD.
Frequently asked questions – category CE
Category CE driver's licence permits its holder to drive a truck/lorry with a trailer and allowing him or her to use a Category C towing vehicle with a trailer in road traffic, such trailer not exceeding the fully laden mass of 750 kg.
Driving school "Einšteins" does indeed offer acquisition of Category CE driver's licence. Theoretical training in the Category CE is currently available online, while driving training is organized in our branches throughout Latvia.
To obtain a Category CE, an applicant must first hold a Category C driver's licence. Secondly, the applicant must complete the theoretical and practical training of the Category CE in a driving school, as well as pass the practical (driving) test at the Road Traffic Safety Directorate (CSDD).
Use the cost calculator of driving school "Einšteins" to find out the exact price of your Category CE driver's licence. This will show you not only the exact cost of theory and practical training, but also the cost of additional services – expenses at the CSDD.
Category CE driving exam can be taken at the following branches of the CSDD: Riga, Daugavpils, Gulbene, Jelgava, Jekabpils, Liepaja, Rezekne, Talsi, Valmiera and Ventspils.
Category CE practical training is carried out with a trailer.
After completion of the training course in theoretical knowledge, the applicant is not required to take exam at the Road Traffic Safety Directorate (CSDD) for Category CE driver's licence.
Indeed – when obtaining Category CE driver's licence, the driver shall be entitled to driver also vehicles belonging to Categories BE and DE.