How to obtain a driver's license in Latvia
Both Latvian citizens and non-nationals can obtain a category B driver's license in Latvia. In order to obtain a driver's license, one must attend a driving school, take the mandatory theory and driving lessons, pass the driving school and Road Safety Directorate (CSDD) state theories, and a driving test.
The driver's license is issued by the Road Safety Directorate (CSDD). The training process is determined by the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia No. 103.
Driving School "Einšteins" provides category B training in Latvian, English and Russian. The Directorate of Road Traffic Safety (CSDD) ensures that state exams are taken in Latvian, with the exception of English and Russian.
Driving School "Einšteins" is the largest driving school in Latvia and the only driving school that regularly provides B category training in English. We arrange new groups at least once a month.
- Category B training can be started from the age of 16, but CSDD exams can be passed from the age of 18.
- If you are not yet 18 years old, we recommend that you start training at least 3 months before your 18th birthday, so that you do not forget the acquired knowledge and, after passing the school theory exam, you can immediately take the CSDD theory exam.
- You need to be declared in Latvia for at least 6 months and receive a residence permit in Latvia.
- At the start of driving lessons, a learner's driving permit must be issued. It is issued at the CSDD branch.
- In order to receive a learning driving permit, the Mandatory health examination must be passed.
- In order to do driving school and Road Safety Directorate (CSDD) theory and driving exams, you must have a First Aid certificate and a mandatory health check.
B category training process
1. Application to the driving school and conclusion of the contract
- All the nearest groups in English are published on the website of Driving School "Einšteins".
- You can fill out the application and sign a contract with the driving school remotely, on our website www.einsteins.lv.
- After receiving the application, a customer consultant will contact you to clarify all the information again and prepare access to the student platform.
We are a driving school that has created the most modern, convenient and transparent student platform, where you will be able to:
- See the schedule for your theory lessons;
- Apply for the driving lessons;
- Make payment for lessons;
- Top up your deposit account;
- Track your training results and progress;
- Receive all supporting documents for the funds spent.
2. Theoretical training
- To get category B, you have to listen to 11 theory lessons in person, at the Riga branch.
- We assemble groups on weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- The training will be held in English.
- Necessary to bring: notebook and colorful stationery.
- The teacher prepares handouts in English that you will use during the lessons.
During the theory training, you will also need:
- First Aid certificate. The courses are provided in English and you can complete them in 2 days. If you already have a valid first aid certificate, you do not need to apply for it again.
- Mandatory health check. You can do it in any medical institution.
3. Practical training
- The minimum mandatory CSDD driving lessons are 20x45 min. Please note that the number of driving lessons depends on your skills.
- We offer training on both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Driving lessons can be started - after the 4th theory lesson.
- In your student profile, you will be able to see all driving instructors who teach lessons in English.
- You can apply for driving lessons in your student profile at any time.
- You can change the driving instructor without any explanation.
- We provide training with new cars, identical to the ones used in the CSDD exam.
4. School and CSDD theory exams
- After the theory course, you will have to take the school theory exam. The exam is held on the CSDD website, in English, which is available to everyone free of charge 24/7. In order to pass the exam successfully the first time, we recommend that you start practicing already during the training.
- After successfully passing the school theory exam, you will have to take the CSDD theory exam.
The statistics of the monthly CSDD theory exams confirm that the students of Driving School Einšteins are prepared at such a high level that 95% pass the state theory exam the first time.
5. School and CSDD driving tests
- The school driving test is conducted when the selected driving instructor has made sure that you have mastered the driving skills and are fully prepared for the school and CSDD driving test.
- After successfully passing the school driving test, you will be able to apply for the CSDD driving test.
- After successfully passing the CSDD driving test, you will be issued a driver's license.
Driving school "Einšteins" also provides - AM, A, BE, C, CE, D categories and periodic training of Code 95. You can learn theory training only in Latvian, but we also provide driving lessons in English. Several foreign students have successfully passed other categories as well.
If you want to enroll in a driving school or find out more information about training, feel free to contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +371 20602050.
Driving school "Einšteins"
Your best choice for obtaining a driver's license!